Desktop virtualization is a relatively new term, introduced in the nineties, that describes the separation process between desktop (including data and user programs) and the machine.
The virtualized desktop is stored remotely in a central server instead of being in the hard disk of the PC. This means that when users are working in their desktop, laptop or PC, all their programs, applications and data are being stored and executed centrally, making the access to that desktop possible from every remote device.
Quality Virtual Desktop (QVD) is Qindel Group’s proposal with the aim of being the solution for desktop virtualization for Linux, allowing cloud computing of desktop services (cloud services).
Desktop virtualization benefits:
- Increasing of desktop security.
- Reducing of hardware general cost, administration and maintenance.
- Benefits the business expansion process.
- Offers maximum security.
- Benefits geographic distribution.
- Transparent to the final user.
- Maximizes users’ productivity.
- Allows the creation of more desktops in minutes.
- Makes the term ‘my PC’ disappear, now it’s just resources, no matter who the user is.
- High Density VDI Solution
- Load balancing and High Availability
- Auto Provisioning
- Client Platform Support
- Web-based Administration Tools
- Remote Acces
Save more than 40% in licensing and hardward costs with QVD. Your Open Source VDI solution for Linux environments